Our Flow Rate Sensor allows students to measure the rate of movement and temperature of streams, rivers, and other flowing systems. The impeller is a rugged, single-piece unit encased by protective material — no more losing pieces to the bottom of the stream.
- Revolutions of a magnet on the submersible impeller are counted and converted to linear flow rate measurements in ft/sec or m/s.
- Exclusive built-in temperature sensor conveniently measures temperature at the same point as flow rate.
- Telescoping Handle to reach deep levels.
- Determine sediment transport rate for a stream or other body of water
- Measure and compare the flow rate at various locations in a stream
- Compare the characteristics of one stream to another
|Flow Range||0 m/s to 3.5 m/s|
|Pulse Frequency||8.62 pulse/linear foot|
|Unit options||meter/sec; feet/sec; total pulses|
|Probe Length||3 to 7 ft. with telescoping tube (Probe is 7 ft when fully expanded)|
|Temperature Range||-10°C to 50°C|
|Maximum Length||1.8 m (6 feet) Telescoping handle to reach deep levels|
|Maximum Sample Rate||20 Hz|