Built from PASCO Structures beams, this tower is made to oscillate in its various resonance modes by a driver attached by a rubber band to the first floor of the tower. Wireless Load Cells with Accelerometers are attached to each floor to record how much shaking each floor experiences.
In the second part of the experiment, a damping pendulum is installed on top of the tower. In modern buildings, passive damping mechanisms are installed to damp out oscillations during earthquakes. The damping pendulum in this tower quickly stops oscillations.
Designed for use with
- 850 Universal Interface or Function Generator
- Explore the resonance modes
- Measure accelerations with wireless sensors
- Demonstrate passive damping
- 1 x Shaking Tower (ME-7018)
- 1 x Mechanical Wave Driver (SF-9324)
- 1 x 2 Meter Patch Cord Set (SE-9415A)
- 1 x Large Rod Base (ME-8735)
- 1 x Stainless Steel Rod, 25 cm Threaded (ME-8988)
- 1 x Large Slotted Mass Set (ME-7566)
- 4 x Wireless Load Cell and Accelerometer (PS-3216)
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s).
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s).
|Requires One Of These||P/N|
|850 Universal Interface||UI-5000|