The Sound Sensor houses a sensitive microphone designed to make measurements of relative intensity of sound and display audio waveforms of sound levels between 45 and 100 dB when used in conjunction with the 550 or 850 Universal Interface and PASCO software.
The sensor has a built-in electret condenser microphone and an auxiliary microphone is also included. When the auxiliary microphone is connected, the sensor’s built-in microphone is turned off.
- Explore basic sound intensity
- Measure the speed of sound
- Investigate beats
- Study the doppler effect
- Conduct voice studies
- Learn musical instrument overtones
For complete investigations centered around sound.
- Measures sound waveform
- Auxiliary microphone on a wire
- Excellent frequency response
- Auto-identification on 550/850 interfaces
Perform the following experiments and more with the Sound Sensor with Microphone.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
- Sound Sensor
- Auxiliary Microphone
- 8-pin DIN Extension Cable
- Sensor Mounting Rod