Use this sensor when you want to know just how warm “warm to the touch” is. Compare skin temperature before and after exercise, map out temperature variations across the skin’s surface, or perform heating and cooling experiments with solids.
The Skin/Surface Temperature Probe is an accessory–it must be connected to a sensor with a Standard PASCO Temperature Port, such as the PASPORT Temperature Sensor Temperature/Sound Level/Light Sensor. It is NOT compatibile with the Wireless Temperature Sensor.
While the Skin/Surface Temperature Probe has a wide range for standard applications, if you are measuring extremely cold or extremely hot objects, please consider the Type K Temperature Sensor (PS-2134).
The PASPORT Skin/Surface Temperature Probe (PS-2131) is an accessory for the following products: (note that an equivalent temperature sensor among the PASPORT line may be used)
- Compare skin temperature before and after exercise or map temperature variations across skin surface
- Observe reactions to music stimuli
- Study temperature of a surface before/after applying friction
- Determine the effects of wearing light- or dark-colored clothing in the sun
- Wide Temperature Range allows a variety of surfaces and situations to be studied.
- Flat surface areas assures good contact and accurate readings.