This integrated ripple generator and strobe light source, make demonstrating wave phenomena affordable, reliable and easy when paired with the Ripple Tank (WA-9897). But best of all, students can clearly see and learn about wave patterns and their interactions like never before.
- The white LED produces a bright, clear wave pattern, and stays cool during operation.
- The strobe and rippler are controlled by the same unit, making it possible to introduce a small frequency difference between the strobe and rippler, and causing the waves to appear to move slowly.
- The rippler uses voice coil actuators for precise and silent operation.
- A simple switch changes the phase of the two ripplers from 0 to 180 degrees.
- The frequency range includes those important low frequencies that make refraction more prominent.
- The rippler has knobs to easily adjust the dipper depth and the amplitude of the dipper stroke.
- Speed of Wave Propagation
- Superposition of Waves
- Effects of Varying Water Depth
- Reflection, Refraction and Diffraction
- 1x Ripple Generator/ Strobe Driver with Power Adapter
- 1x LED Strobe Assembly
- 1x Plane Wave Generator with Multi-point Dippers
- 3x Point Sources (3 sizes)
|Voice Coil Actuator Frequency Range
||1.0 to 50.0 Hz with 0.1 Hz Resolution
||Strobe or Steady, 5 W White LED
|Digital LED Display
|Adjustable Delta Frequency Between Ripple Generator and Strobe
||± 45% frequency setting in steps of 9%
||0 or 180 degrees Depth, Tilt, and Amplitude Adjustment Controls
||15 VDC at 1.5 A with On/Off Switch
|Rippler Case Dimensions
||10.5 cm x 16.3 cm x 3.9 cm