For use by all kinds of engineering students, the Flow Meter Calibration apparatus compares and shows the accuracy and use of fundamental flow meters.
The nozzle flow meter (included) or any of the optional flow meters quickly and easily fit into place between the adaptors in the base unit of the apparatus. Four water-filled manometers show the pressure differences at the flow meter and across the overall flow meter assembly. The manometers have a common manifold fitted with an air valve. Students use the hand-pump (included) to increase the air pressure in the manifold. This ‘offsets’ the manometer measurement (adjusts the datum).
The straight pipe (included) gives a comparison of the true pressure losses caused by the flow meters.
The optional Pitot Tube Flow Meter (H40a) will also show the velocity profile in a pipe. This helps to explain the ‘boundary layer’ and surface friction in pipes and flow channels.
- Unique ‘quick-change’ flow meter adaptors and pressure connections
- Four tube manometer to show flow meter and overall pressure changes
- Nozzle flow meter included. Optional flow meters available for comparison include: Venturi, orifice and Pitot tube
- Shows the boundary layer effect and the fluid velocity profile – needs Pitot tube (H40a)
- Works with TecQuipment’s Hydraulic Bench for easy installation
- Accuracy of nozzle flow meters
- Losses and k value
- Calculation of the coefficient of discharge