This product supplies a controlled flow of water to a wide variety of laboratory experiment modules (available separately). The body of the bench forms a reservoir or ‘Sump Tank’ with a submersible pump. Once filled, the bench needs no external water supply.
The top of the bench provides a working surface. This will hold one of a choice of experiment modules from TecQuipment’s Fluid Mechanics range. Larger experiments usually stand next to the bench. A rim around the top contains any spilled or excess water. A small recess or ‘Trough’ in the top works with a removable Drain Valve to trap a small volume of water. It also catches discharged water from some experiments in the fluid mechanics range.
A hand-operated control valve adjusts the water flow rate from the pump. An electrical box on the side of the bench includes the pump switch, circuit protection and a digital display of flow.
Four wheels allow the user to move the bench around the classroom. Two wheels have foot-operated locks to hold the bench in position.
A sight gauge to the lower side of the bench allows the user to check the water level inside the tank.
An electronic flowmeter measures the outlet flow from the submersible pump. The signals from the flowmeter pass to the digital display to show the flow rate. The viewing angle of the display allows the user to see it clearly from a normal standing position.
- Electronic flowmeter and digital display for accurate measurements and quicker experiments
- Made of lightweight fiberglass for strength, easier transport and long life
- Lockable wheels for mobility with stability
- Flat top to hold experiment modules from TecQuipment’s Fluid Mechanics range
- Self-contained with recirculating water circuit – needs no external water supply and saves mains water