For use with the Positive Displacement Pump Module (MFP103) this pump is ideal for student experiments, demonstrations and projects.
The piston pump is a positive displacement pump. It has twin vertically-opposed pistons that deliver a given volume of fluid (oil) for each full rotation of the pump shaft. Built-in one-way valves determine the flow direction, but you only test the pump in one direction, determined by the Universal Dynamometer.
Self-sealing connections reduce oil spillage and simplify installing the pump to the pump module.
- Popular design pump for use with TecQuipment’s Positive Displacement Pump Support Module (MFP103)
- Quick-release, self-sealing connections for simple and safe fitting
- Shows the characteristics of a twin-piston pump
- Performance and characteristics of a piston pump
- Volumetric and overall efficiencies
- Use of an oval gear flowmeter
When two or more optional pumps are ordered:
- Comparison of positive displacement pumps (economy, flow rate and output pressure pulses)