Are your sensors charged?
The temperature, light and conductivity sensors are powered by a replaceable thumb battery. These sensors draw very little power and will likely not need to have their batteries replaced for at least a year.
The pressure, CO2, voltage, and current sensors feature rechargeable batteries that will need to be recharged more frequently. The CO2 sensor requires a considerable amount of power and should be charged before each lab.
To assess the power status of your sensor simply press the power button and note what happens to the LED lights:
- One LED flashes – your sensor has plenty of charge
- Two LED flashes – your sensor is low in power and should be charged
- No LED flashes – your sensor is completely flat and needs to be charged
Note: To stop the sensor from flashing press and hold the power button for several seconds. Skipping this step will cause the sensor to continue flashing for an extended period which will draw power and may confuse your students.
Charging your sensors
The rechargeable sensors are supplied with a USB cable that can be connected to any standard USB charger. If your sensor is completely flat, plugging your sensor in for 10 or 15 minutes should give an adequate charge for a single lab. The sensor will be fully charged after a couple of hours and will display a solid green LED. A partially charged sensor will have a solid red LED while charging. Leaving the sensor plugged in for extended periods of time may shorten the battery life.