PASCO Capstone 2 Software
Coming Fall 2019! Free Upgrade for Capstone 1.x users!
Updated with new tools! Designed specifically to collect, display and analyze data in physics and engineering labs.
What’s New in Capstone 2
Reinforce circuit concepts and tackle student misconceptions using circuit visualization. Combine real-world circuits with simulations, animation, and live measurements.
With the Circuits Emulation tool in Capstone 2, you can:
- Construct and modify circuits
- Show conventional current and electron flow animation
- Animate circuits with live sensor data
Drag components out from the components list. Rotate components, and connect pieces together by drawing wires.
This is how science is actually done.
You never take only one run in science. You take multiple runs, and calculate averages. Next, you vary a parameter while holding the other constant; again, taking more runs and calculating averages. Most software data tables don’t actually allow this to be done easily.
The Capstone Trails table was created for how data is collected in the science lab, and allows for the kind of analysis students need to perform.
- Organize your data to easily define physical relationships.
- Track variables
- Average runs
- Plot derived values
Using the simple pendulum lab as an example, students will time a simple pendulum under various conditions. They will vary the mass, length, and starting angle. The Capstone Trials Table allows you to vary and keep track of experimental parameters between trials, and runs taken in each trial. You can also keep track of statistics for averaged runs and experimental error.
Helps students develop computational thinking skills
Physics educators want more experimental control and programming access to all PASCO interfaces and sensors. Students need tools to develop creative programming and problem-solving skills in science. Blockly coding has been built into Capstone 2, giving teachers and students the tools they need to develop these skills.
Graph Pop-Up Tools
Now, whenever tools are activated, the most common actions will be easily accessible on the graph. The pop-up tools allow for easy access to tool features and options.
PASCO Capstone was built from the ground up to be the most powerful and flexible option for physics and engineering applications.
- Windows/Mac compatibility
- Can be used with all current and legacy PASCO USB interfaces.
- Works with all PASCO sensors — ScienceWorkshop, PASPORT, and Wireless.
- Completely customizable lab pages
- Multiple displays including graphs, tables, oscilloscope, bar meters, FFT and more
- Deep video analysis tools
- Opens DataStudio, Xplorer GLX and SPARKvue files.