Demonstrate the various stages of wastewater treatment through the reproduction of the activated sludge process in an automated system.
Activated sludge treatment
This method uses an aerated reactor where are growing populations of micro-organisms in charge of degradation of dissolved organic pollutants (COD, BOD5). This reactor is coupled to a clarifier for the physical separation of the treated effluent and biomass by settling. The treatment of nitrogen compounds (nitrates) is possible by the development in the aerated basin of anoxia working range (lack of ventilation) or by establishing a separated basin of anoxia (unventilated) upstream.
Study of the sewage treatment process:
- Strictly aerobic
- Aerobic and anoxic by aeration syncopating
- Aerobic and anoxic in separated basins
Conduct the process of wastewater treatment:
- Called activated sludge treatment
- Process monitoring
- Search for optimal treatment parameters
- Alarm management
- pH and O2 control
- Sludge recycling management
- Production of polluted water
- Study of the purification with aerobic treatment:
- Treatment efficiency calculation (COD, BOD5).
- Optimization of operating parameters (aeration, extraction and recirculation of sludge).
- Study of nitrogen treatment:
- Treatment of nitrogen in separated anoxic basin or by syncopating of aeration in the aerobic tank.
- Treatment efficiency calculation (COD, BOD5, nitrate).
- Tank, 200L polyethylene, removable lid, draining valve and level detector.
- Peristaltic feeding pump, On/Off integrated switch, variable speed, flow transmitter with 4-20 mA feedback signal to the controller.
- Anoxic tank, 18 L, removable lid, three taps for measuring pH, dissolved oxygen and redox, a sampling orifice, stirring motor and three paddle helix, dip pipe for introduction of liquid, draining valve.
- Mixed liquor recycling pump,variable speed and draining valve.
- Aerobic tank, 60 L, two taps for measuring dissolved oxygen, pH or redox, a sampling orifice, stirring motor and two Rushton turbines (height adjustable), dip pipe for introduction of liquid, air diffuser, draining valve. Vessel with two overflow levels.
- Sludge recycling pump, variable speed, isolating valves for recycling to the aerobic tank or to the anoxic tank.
- Settler, 30 L, stirring motor and scraping blades mobile, draining valve, venting overflow with sampling
- Air circuitry : compressor, flow meter and flow rate setting valve, air diffuser in aerobic tank.
- Water supply : isolating valve, activated carbon filter for water dechlorination.
- Flow transmitter.
- Air flowmeter.
- pH probe, PVC can.
- Redox probe, PVC can.
- Dissolved oxygen probes, PVC can.
Dim : 280 x 80 x 200cm – 250 kg
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
For a complete product data sheet and a list of reference sites please call 1-877-967-2726.