This low thermal mass Temperature Sensor ensures a quick response and negligible impact on measured temperatures. Temperature can be measured in degrees Celsius, Fahrenheit, or Kelvin.
This is a two piece sensor that includes a stainless steel sensing element for durability. Other PASCO temperature probes may also be used with this sensor. The sensor consists of the stainless steel probe, a 3-foot cable, an 8-pin connector and tubing to facilitate a tight fit with standard stoppers.
Note: This sensor is an upgrade to the CI-6505B Temperature Sensor. This new temperature sensor must be used with DataStudio software, version 1.8 or later.
Teflon® covers (CI-6549), for use in harsh liquids or chemical solutions, are available as an accessory.
- Conduct general temperature experiments
- Measure rapid temperature changes found in endothermic-exothermic reaction experiments
- Observe freezing and boiling points and/or heat of fusion
- Environmental monitoring (terrariums, weather, soil studies)
- Chemical kinetics and reaction rates
- Biochemical and enzymatic reactions
- Microbiology studies
- Stainless Steel sensing element for durability
- Thermistor for fast response and wider range
- Rubberized handle for easy grip, specially shaped to rest on the lip of lab glassware