A Three-Point Bend test is performed on a round rod as shown. As a downward force (F) is applied in the middle of the rod, the flex (Î”x) is recorded. The ratio (F/Î”x) is the effective stiffness of the length of rod being tested.
The distance between the anvils is varied, and the resulting effect on the stiffness of the beam is measured. A graph of the resulting data yields the Flexural Elastic Modulus for the material.
A Four-Point Bend Test is performed on the ABS plastic beams from the PASCO Structures System. As a downward force (F) is applied in the middle of the beam, the flex (Î”x) is recorded. The ratio (F/Î”x) is the effective stiffness of the length of beam being tested, and is measured directly from the slope of the F vs. Î”x graph. The Flexural Elastic Modulus for the material is then calculated.
- 3-Point Bending
- 4-Point Bending
- Flexural Elastic Modulus
- 1x Materials Testing Machine (ME-8236)
- 1x Bending Accessory (ME-8237)
- 1x Shear Samples (ME-8240)
- 1x Structures Flat Beam (ME-6987)
- 1x Four-Point Load Anvil (ME-8249)
- 1x Digital Calipers (SE-8710)
- 1x Required 550 or 850 Universal Interface or AirLink
- 1x PASCO Capstone software