In this experiment designed for use with PASCO Capstone software, the temperature, volume, and pressure of a gas are measured simultaneously to show that they change according to the Ideal Gas Law. Two special cases of the Ideal Gas Law are also examined: constant volume (Gay-Lussac’s Law) and constant temperature (Boyle’s Law). A syringe is used to vary the volume at constant temperature. A sphere of constant volume is immersed in different temperature water baths to show the change in pressure.
PASCO Advantage: The Ideal Gas Syringe and Absolute Zero Sphere have a thermistor with small mass that responds quickly to temperature changes.
- Ideal Gas Law
- Boyle’s Law
- Gay-Lussac’s Law
- 1x Ideal Gas Law Apparatus (TD-8596A)
- 1x Wireless Pressure Sensor (PS-3203)
- 1x Wireless Temperature Sensor Link (PS-3222)
- 1x Absolute Zero Sphere (TD-8595)
- 2x 3-Liter Plastic Tub (2 Pack) (ME-7559)