These three pairs of gears are driven by stepper motors or servo motors to make PASCO Structures move. These three pairs enable three different gear ratios (1:1, 2:1, 4:1) with the same shaft separation, making it easy to change gear ratios.
The gears are secured on the motor shaft or PASCO Structures axles using the included anti-backlash screws.
The 60T and 72T gears have the hole and threaded hole features that allow a Structures I-beam to be attached directly to the gear.
- Raise and lower a drawbridge made from PASCO Structures.
- Add motors to operate a crane made from PASCO Structures.
- Steer the front wheel of a 3-wheel robotic car made from PASCO Structures.
- Explore the affect of gear ratios on speed.
- Explore the affect of gear ratios on torque.
- 1x 18-tooth gear
- 1x 30-tooth gear
- 2x 45-tooth gear
- 1x 60-tooth gear
- 1x 72-tooth gear
- 6x Anti-backlash screws
- 12x Washers for exact spacing
|1:1 Gear ratio||Two 45-tooth gears|
|2:1 Gear ratio||60-tooth and 30-tooth gears|
|4:1 Gear ratio||72-tooth and18-tooth gears|
|Center-to-center spacing of set of two gears||4.8 cm|
|Anti-backlash screws||8-32 3/4-inch|
|Gear shaft diameter||0.25 inch/6.4 mm|