Create an improved version of the meter stick balance by mounting the Pivot on a rod stand and using an aluminum meter stick. The meter stick clamp has a built-in bubble level to indicate when the meter stick is balanced.
The meter stick clamp fits onto either the provided dual-ball bearing Pivot or a Rotary Motion Sensor. It has two mounting points: One is centered on the center of the meter stick for rotation and pendulum experiments and the other is offset so the center of mass of the meter stick is below the pivot point for stability in meter stick torque experiments. There is a built-in bubble level to make it obvious when the meter stick is balanced.
The mass hangers have a mass of 10 grams each, which makes it easy to add to the hanging mass. The mass hangers have a degree scale so the angle of the applied force can be read. The mass hangers can be used in two ways:
- As a mass hanger in a meter stick torque experiment with the masses hanging from it
- Upside-down, as an anchor point for a suspension string at any angle in a statics experiment.
- Dual ball bearings in Pivot
- Mount at any height on any rod stand
- Mass hangers (10 g) have built-in angle indicators
- Built-in bubble level on Pivot meter stick clamp
Perform These Experiments
- Meter Stick Torque
- Statics: Suspended Boom
- Physical Pendulum
- 1x Pivot (ME-7034)
- 1x Meter Stick Torque Mass Hanger Set (ME-7035)
- 1x Aluminum Meter Stick
Perform the following experiments and more with the Meter Stick Torque Set.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
Meter Stick Torque Mass Hanger Set Product Guide