The Pivot is a general purpose rotation device that allows you to mount it on a rod stand to perform rotation experiments in the horizontal or vertical planes.
This Pivot can be used two ways:
- As a fulcrum in a meter stick torque balance: It can be mounted so the shaft is horizontal for use with the Meter Stick Torque to do torque experiments or to do pendulum experiments.
- As a rotation device for rotational inertia experiments: It can be clamped on a horizontal or vertical rod. It can also be mounted with the shaft vertical so it can be used as a rotational base for the Rotational Inertia Set (ME-3420).
The Pivot has a 1/4-inch diameter shaft out both sides which rotates on two ball bearings. To record data, use with a Smart Gate (or any standard photo gate) and pulley.
- Slotted shaft extends in two directions
- Built-in rod clamp for mounting horizontally or vertically
- 3-step pulley for applying torque
- Fits Rotary Motion Sensor accessories such as the Rotational Inertia Set (ME-3420)
- Ability to mount at any height
Perform These Experiments
- Meter Stick Torque
- Rotational Inertia
- Physical Pendulum
- Centripetal Acceleration
- 1x Pivot
- 1x 3-step Pulley