Our Hovercraft follows the classic design, with a rugged nylon skirt attached around a 1.2 m wood platform. Students can easily ride on the Hovercraft to experience firsthand the kinematics of frictionless motion.
- Nylon Skirt: Stretched around the wood platform and tightened using a steel wire.
- Custom Rubber Bumper: Stretched securely around the circumference of the wood platform.
- Air Holes: Allows air to escape providing high pressure to lift the student.
- Double-Reinforced Nylon: Prevents failure under high pressure loads.
How It Works
The nylon skirt is stretched around the wood platform and tightened using a steel wire. The center of the skirt is attached to the bottom of the wood platform. A custom rubber bumper is placed around the circumference of the wood platform. The bumper helps secure the skirt and also provides a soft cushion around the edge of the Hovercraft. A high-volume air source is used to force air through the platform and into the skirt. After sitting on the platform, the air source is turned on and the skirt inflates. Small holes in the skirt allow the air to escape, while providing the higher pressure needed to lift the rider. A built-in level helps students center their weight on the Hovercraft.
A Cordless Air Source (SE-8806) is orderable separately (below). In addition, most leaf blowers provide enough air flow to support the Hovercraft.
The PASCO Hovercraft is capable of supporting up to 300 lbs and comes completely assembled.
- 1x Wood platform (1.2 m diameter, 1.9 cm thick)
- 1x Nylon skirt with mounting hardware
- 1x Rubber bumper
- 1x Liquid level
- 1x Connection hose for air source
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD!
Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|1x Cordless Air Source||SE-8806|