The study of force is critical to many science explorations. This accurate and rugged sensor will ensure your students get the most out of their force experiments. Pull and push forces up to ±50 N are measured in one dimension. A simple ZERO button on the top of the sensor enables quick and easy restarts, eliminating the need for confusing data manipulations. The sensor includes an overload stop in the force beam and a polycarbonate, plastic case to protect it from damage. Finger holes are provided for handheld use, but the sensor can also be mounted directly to a PASCO Dynamics Cart or a 0.5″ rod stand.
Looking for a wireless option? Check out our Wireless Force Acceleration Sensor (PS-3202).
- Easy to zero
- Force overload protection
- Includes a receiver and thumbscrew for mounting the sensor to a rod stand
- High speed sampling for data associated with collisions
- Minimized side-force measurements
- Mounts to the top of PASCO dynamics carts
- Measure force exerted by an oscillating mass
- Measure force during elastic and inelastic collisions
- Measure force of a swinging pendulum
- Measure centripetal force acting on a rotating object
- Measure Newton’s Third Law action-reaction forces
- Measure forces associated with static equilibrium
Perform the following experiments and more with the PASPORT Force Sensor.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
- 1x Bumper Attachment
- 1x Hook Attachment
- 1x Cart/Bracket Thumbscrew
- 1x Rod Clamp Thumbscrew
|Zero (Tare) Function||Push-button|
|Max Sample Rate||1000 Hz; 5000 Hz with the 550 and 850 interfaces|
|Force Overload Protection||Up to 75 N without damage|
|Force Sensor Track Bracket||ME-6622|
|Rocket Engine Test Bracket||ME-6617|
|Force Sensor Balance Stand||CI-6460|
|Force Sensor Spares Kit||CI-6463|