The PASCObot helps harness students’ interest in robotics to drive deeper learning in science and STEM. Simple to build and easy to program, the PASCObot consists of just six pieces, including a PASCObot Body, two Wheels, two Stepper Motors, and a rechargeable //control.Node that enables students to execute their code in real time, or store it onboard for execution later. With scaffold activities and plenty of room for personalization, the PASCObot opens a new world of opportunity for students to explore, create, and even compete!
The PASCObot goes beyond typical robotics applications, combining PASCO’s real-time data collection, graphing, and analysis system with an intuitive coding interface that scales their skill level. From programming the bot’s first movements to navigating obstacle courses to grouping objects by colour – there’s no limit to what students can do with PASCObot!
PS-2944 includes everything students need to assemble the PASCObot, as well as digital activities to support their coding journey. Accessories, such as the Line Follower Module, Range Finder Module, and Gripper Accessory may be purchased separately or as part of the complete PASCObot Sense & Control Kit.
The PASCObot is supported by nine digital, student activities that cover everything from coding the robot’s first movements to navigating it through a custom obstacle course. Once they’ve mastered the basics, students can continue their journey by creating their own Blockly programs, PASCObot challenges, and head-to-head competitions. Some activities require PASCObot accessories, which can be purchased separately, or as part of the complete PASCObot Sense and Control Kit.
Powering Creativity with the //control.Node
When nestled inside the PASCObot, the //control.Node serves as a brain, providing both power to the bot and storage for students’ code. Equipped with an accelerometer, a rechargeable battery, and multiple accessory ports, the //control.Node acts as an all-in-one control device, enabling connections to any PASCO sensor or STEM Sense project.
- Onboard accelerometer
- Sensor Port
- Two Power Output Channels for Stepper Motors and Power Output Board
- Two Servo Ports for Regular Servos and Continuous Rotation Servos
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Bluetooth (BLE) connectivity
- USB port for charging and connectivity
- Executes programs with or without a wired connection
The PASCObot is programmed using Blockly, a block-based code available in both SPARKvue and PASCO Capstone software. Blockly makes it easy for students to master the basics of programming, without having to worry about their syntax. Rather than overwhelming students with options, Blockly focuses on building coding literacy through a library of customizable, drag-and-drop coding blocks.
Plug-and-Play with PASCO Sensors
Blockly integrates seamlessly with all PASCO sensors and software, enabling students to program data collection parameters, code custom displays, and make data-based decisions to improve their STEM Sense project. Students can even use real-time data from PASCO sensors as a code input to create data-driven feedback loops, autonomous systems, and more.
PASCO Code Library
The PASCO Code Library supports new coders with a variety of prepared Blockly coding blocks that can be used to direct the PASCObot’s movements. These blocks can be used to simplify coding commands or create more advanced motions, depending on the student’s learning level.
- Durable plastic body for years of reliable use
- Scaffold activities introduce students to programming and robotics
- High-speed, high-accuracy Stepper Motors for fast yet precise drive control
- Execute code while collecting and displaying real-time data from PASCO sensors.
- Seamlessly integrate data from PASCO sensors into programs for unlimited possibilities.
- STEM compatible components – easily exchange Stepper Motors and //control.Node between Sense and Control projects.
- Plug-and-play with accessories: Range Finder Module, Line Follower Module, and Gripper Accessory
- 1x PASCObot Body (PS-3318)
- 2x High Speed Stepper Motor (PS-2976)
- 1x PASCObot Wheels, Set of 2 (PS-3319)
- 1x //control.Node (PS-3232)
- 1x Small Phillips Screwdriver
- 1x PASCObot Assembly Hardware