Welcome to the modern thermometer. The Wireless Temperature Sensor transmits live data and allows students to continuously monitor, log, and plot temperature measurements on nearly any device. When lab-time ends but the experiment continues, students can set the sensor to log data autonomously for days, weeks, or months, then download it for analysis later. This durable, wireless sensor features a stainless steel probe for the most demanding of applications, as well as a battery that lasts over a year*. It can be used in a wide array of experiments and activities because it measures small, but significant temperature changes produced by chemical reactions, convection currents, and even skin temperatures.
Note: The rugged sensor housing/handle is rated for temperatures of -10 ºC to 40 ºC. This means it cannot be subjected to the same extremes as the stainless steel probe. For extremely low or high-temperature applications we recommend the Electrode Support to keep the sensor in the proper position during experiments.
*Battery life is based on typical usage in a secondary or college lab.
Perform the following experiments and more with the Wireless Temperature Sensor.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
- Project: Design an Insulator
- How a Greenhouse Works: Heat
- Temperature and Change
- Conservation of Matter
- Phase Change
- Feeling and Measuring Temperature
- Properties of Water
- Specific Heat
- Investigating Specific Heat
- Modeling Chemistry
- Radiation Energy Transfer
- Measuring The Speed Of A Reaction
- Energy from Food
- Photosynthesis and Cell Respiration in a Terrarium
- Investigating Solar Energy
- Simplicity: just pair and go, no cables and adapters to manage
- Variable sampling rate for capturing small fast changes or experiments that run for hours, days, or weeks.
- Features convenient Bluetooth® wireless connectivity and long-lasting coin cell battery
- Logs temperature data directly onto the sensor for long-term experiments.
- Dust, dirt and sand proof and water-resistant (1 meter for 30 minutes)
Perform These Experiments
- Explore freezing and melting points
- Study endothermic and exothermic reactions
- Measure the energy content of food
- Monitor environmental conditions and water quality
- Observe inter-molecular forces and evaporative cooling
|-40ºC to 125ºC
Battery & Logging
|Stored Data Points Memory (Logging) 1
|Battery – Connected (Data Collection Mode) 2
|>275 hr (2-3yrs of normal classroom use)*
|Battery – Logging (Data Logging Mode) 3
1 Minimum # of data points with all measurements enabled, actual results depend on enabled measurements.
2 Continuous use in a connected state until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
3 Logging until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
* Normal classroom use is the sensor in active use for 20min/lab for 120 lab periods/yr.
|Storage for Wireless Temperature, pH and Conductivity Sensors
|Coin Cell Battery Pack
|USB Bluetooth Adapter
Our highly affordable temperature sensors provide unparalleled convenience during any experiment by eliminating the need for manually recorded temperature data. This page contains a comparison chart for PASCO temperature sensors to help you discover what’s possible when you use a modern thermometer.