Measure changes in carbon dioxide (CO2) gas levels quickly and easily with the Wireless CO2 Sensor. The sensor is temperature compensated and can operate in high humidity environments, like the included sample 250-mL sample bottle. This sensor employs live data to make core labs, such as photosynthesis, cellular respiration, and metabolism experiments engaging and impactful. With the ability to store more than 55,000 data points, this sensor enables studies to run overnight or throughout the entire weekend for carbon cycling investigations. The included 250-ml sample bottle supports analyses with multiple gas sensors. Wash metabolism chamber with warm soap and water. DO NOT wash in boiling, dishwashers with hot cycle or autoclaves as plastic will deform.
- Logging ability for long-term experiments, store up to 55,000 data points
- Integrated stopper for use with sample bottle and common glassware
- Temperature-compensated for accurate results
Perform These Experiments
- Monitor CO2 levels during photosynthesis and respiration experiments
- Study carbon cycling in a model ecosystem
- Monitor CO2 levels for indoor air quality
- Measure carbon flux in aquatic environments with the waterproof sleeve
- Respiration in compost or other decomposer-rich environments
- Carbohydrate consumption rates due to human activity
- 1x Single 250 mL Sample Bottle (SE-6938)
- 1x Micro USB Cable (PS-3584)
|Range||0 to 100,000 ppm|
|Connection||Bluetooth 4.0 or USB|
|Battery life||≥18 hours of continuous use|
|USB Connector Type:||Micro USB|
|Accuracy||0 to 1,000 ppm: ±100 ppm, 1,000 to 10,000 ppm: ±5% of reading + 100ppm, 10,000 ppm to 50,000 ppm: ±10% of reading, 50,000 – 100,000 ppm: ±15% of reading|
|Warm-up time||3 min|
|Response time||90% in 30 sec|
|Operating temp||-10 C to 50 C (5C to 30C ideal for LiPo Charging)|
|Metabolism bottle volume||250 ml|
|Metabolism bottle care||Warm soapy water (Not boiling)|
Battery & Logging
|Stored Data Points Memory (Logging) 1||>55,000|
|Battery – Connected (Data Collection Mode) 2||>15 hr|
|Battery – Logging (Data Logging Mode) 3||18 hr|
1 Minimum # of data points with all measurements enabled, actual results depend on enabled measurements.
2 Continuous use in a connected state until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
3 Logging until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
* Normal classroom use is the sensor in active use for 20min/lab for 120 lab periods/yr.
Perform the following experiments and more with the Wireless CO₂ Sensor.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
|Dissolved CO₂ Waterproof Sleeve||PS-3545|
|Wireless CO₂ Sensor Storage Tray||PS-3598|
|Wireless Sensor Charging Station||PS-3599|
|250 mL Sample Bottles (4 pack)||SE-6938|
|Micro USB Cable||PS-3584|
|USB Bluetooth Adapter||PS-3500|