The Wireless Voltage Sensor is ideal for exploring the fundamental concepts of electricity, voltage, and basic circuits. It measures voltages up to ±15 V with built-in overload protection and features high-speed sampling rates when used with a USB. When combined with the Wireless Current Sensor, students can use it to explore Ohm’s Law, circuits in series and parallel, and much more.
- Two Ranges: ±15 V, ±5 V
- Resolution: 7 mV (±15 V range); 2 mV (±5 V range)
- Bluetooth® sampling rate of 1 kHz
- Higher speed sampling via USB
- Includes remote logging
- Measure the electrical energy generated by an electrochemical battery
- Measure the energy generated by a wind turbine or other renewable energy source
- Measure the voltage across components in a simple circuit
- Measure the induced voltage in a wire coil as a magnet passes through
Perform the following experiments and more with the Wireless Voltage Sensor.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
- 1x Wireless Voltage Sensor
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x Red, Banana-to-alligator-clip
- 1x Black, Banana-to-alligator-clip
|Low Setting Range||±5 V|
|High Setting Range||±15 V|
|Resolution||2 mV (±5 V range); 7 mV (±15 V range)|
|Maximum Sampling Rate (Bluetooth)||1000 Hz|
|Maximum Sampling Rate (USB)||100 kHz|
|Input Resistance||>1.0 MΩ|
Battery and Logging
|Stored Data Points Memory (Logging) 1||>55,000|
|Battery – Connected (Data Collection Mode) 2||>70 hr|
|Battery – Logging (Data Logging Mode) 3||3 days|
1 Minimum # of data points with all measurements enabled, actual results depend on enabled measurements.
2 Continuous use in a connected state until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
3 Logging until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
* Normal classroom use is the sensor in active use for 20min/lab for 120 lab periods/yr.
Educational voltage and current sensors don’t have to look serious to have seriously powerful capabilities. We provide user-friendly voltage and current sensors that generate live data to improve students’ contextual understanding of electrical concepts. This page provides a comparison chart of our offerings to help you make an informed purchase.