Great set of slides which gives students an overview or survey of cell types for any Biology or life science classes. Professionally stained and mounted prepares students for further slide preparation on their own but these make the initial study of cellular features optimally visible. Great to go with standard microscopes (SE-6213) or units already on hand in your schools supply.
- 1x Prokaryote and Eukaryote example
- 1x Lichen (algae and fungus example)
- 1x Elodea leaf (plant example)
- 1x Earthworm cross section (invertebrate example)
- 1x Onion root tip (plant in mitosis example)
- 1x 1 mm, 100 division calibration slide
Comparing Plant and Animal Cells
Students use a digital microscope compatible with PASCO software to compare cheek cells and onion cells, then use their observations to determine whether other unidentified slide samples are composed of either plant or animal cells.
Digital Microscopy Journal
This single-page observation sheet can be used with impromptu digital microscope investigations. Attached appendices provide guidance on how to connect any compatible digital microscope to PASCO software and how to use image analysis tools.