The PASCO Complete Wave Motion Demonstrator allows mechanical waves to be created to demonstrate the behavior and properties common to many types of waves.
- 2.3 Meters Long: Plenty of room to watch the wave develop and interact.
- Three Wave Sections: Each section has rods of different lengths, allowing reflection and transmission demonstrations.
- Section 1 is 92 cm long with 46 cm rods.
- Section 2 is 92 cm long with 23 cm rods. The resulting wave velocity is three times as fast.
- Section 3 is 46 cm long with rods that vary exponentially from 46 cm to 23 cm. This section acts as an impedance-matching unit.
- Yellow Rod Tips: For easy viewing and to highlight the wave motion.
- Velocity in Different Media
- Wavelength versus Velocity and Frequency
- Reflection at Fixed and Free Boundaries
- Constructive and Destructive Interference
- Standing Waves and Resonance
- Reflection and Transmission at Media Boundaries
- Wave Propagation
How It Works
A series of steel rods is attached at their centers to a torsion wire. When a rod is displaced and released, a wave propagates along the rod. Velocity depends on the torsion constant of the wire and the moment of inertia of the rods.
- 1 x Section 1 – 92 cm long with 46 cm rods
- 1 x Section 2 – 92 cm long with 23 cm rods
- 1 x Section 3 – 46 cm long with exponentially varying 46 to 23 cm rods
- 1 x Clamp for rigid termination
- 1 x Dash pot for liquid damping
|Wave Motion Demonstrator Manual||English||4.20 MB|