The Coding with Sound and Light Sensor Technologies Kit engages students in the exploration of light and sound with five hands-on coding investigations that use familiar phenomena and real-world sensors to bring concepts to life.
Blockly simplifies the programming process for new coders. Visual coding blocks connect like puzzle pieces to help students master the basics of programming, without having to worry about their syntax.
Wireless and easy-to-use, the //code.Node includes six sensor inputs, a speaker, RGB light, and an LED array that enables students to explore exciting phenomena using block-based programs that collect, display, and respond to data.
Student Activities and Video Lessons
The Coding with Sound and Light Sensor Technologies Kit includes five investigations with video lessons, printed student worksheets, and an interactive digital flipbook that presents the resources in an engaging, student-friendly format. Each lesson is based upon the latest science standards and incorporates cross-curricular connections to reinforce key concepts in computer science, mathematics and language arts.
Activities and Video Lessons include:
- What is a Color Sensor?
- RGB LED: How to Control Color
- Engineering Sound Level Sensors
- Detect an Intruder: Home Alarm Systems
- Investigating Electric Tuners
Help students develop competency in:
- Computational thinking
- Data collection and analysis
- Technology and programming
- Problem-solving, logical reasoning and critical thinking
Build Career Awareness
Build career awareness with activities that make real-world connections to:
- Audio engineering and light technicians
- Programming and developing sensor-based security features
- Real-world innovations in sound and light technology
- 1x //code.Node (PS-3231)
- 1x //code.Node Holder (PS-3233)
- 1x Color-Printed Booklet of Student Activities
- 1x Small Flashlight
- 2x Tuning Fork, Various Frequency
- 25x Colored Paper, Various 4″x4″ Sheets
- 5x Aluminum Foil Sheet
Experiment Library Collections
Coding with Sound and Light Sensor Technologies
These STEM activities are designed for use with the PASCO //code.Node and ST-7830 Coding with Sound and Light Sensor Technologies Kit. You may preview and download individual student activities, or log in to view teacher files.
//code.Node Holder Product Guide