The Sine Wave Generator is an excellent tool for generating waves with speakers or wave drivers. It allows the frequency (1-800 Hz) and amplitude of the sine wave to be varied. Students can observe the quantum nature of standing wave patterns as the Sine Wave Generator jumps from one resonant frequency to the next. Both fine and coarse frequency controls are included, as well as a digital display featuring a 0.1 Hz resolution. The generator also features built-in memory that allows it to “learn” new fundamental frequencies for further exploration.
- Stackable plastic case includes angled rubber feet and a rear rod clamp for dynamic mounting options
- Frequency is digitally displayed with 0.1 Hz resolution using red LEDs
- Adjust the frequency of the output using the Fine (0.1 Hz) or Coarse (1.0 Hz) knobs
- Smart Scan feature enables knobs to change frequency more quickly when continuously turned
- Amplitude adjustment for changing the voltage of the sine wave signal
- The Sine Wave Generator can store a frequency increment and will cycle through the frequency range using the established increment for personalized convenience.
- Built-in clamp can be used to mount the generator on a standard rod
- Wave Patterns in Strings
- Wave Patterns in Stretched Springs
- Resonant Frequencies in Air
How It Works
- Connect a device, such as a speaker or string vibrator, to the output jacks of the Sine Wave Generator using a pair of 4.0 mm banana patch cords.
- Adjust the amplitude of the output signal with the Amplitude knob.
- Set the output frequency using the Coarse and Fine Frequency knobs. The knobs are mechanical encoders with 24 discrete detents, or clicks, per revolution. One, slowly-turned click of the Coarse knob changes the frequency by 1.0 Hz, while a quick turn changes it by 4.0 Hz. One click of the Fine knob changes the frequency by 0.1 Hz. The Up and Down Increment keys change the frequency by a default value of 100 Hz, but this value can be changed.
- 1x Sine Wave Generator
- 1x Power Supply: 15 VDC 2A
|Mechanical Wave Driver||SF-9324|
|Economy Resonance Tube||WA-9495|