The redesigned Ripple Tank System is easier to use, more reliable, and more affordable. The strobe and rippler are controlled by the same unit, and a new feature makes it possible to introduce a small frequency difference between the strobe and the rippler to make the waves appear to move slowly. A simple switch changes the phase of the two ripplers from 0 to 180 degrees.
The rippler uses voice coil actuators for precise and silent operation. The frequency range (1.0 Hz to 50.0 Hz) includes those important low frequencies that make refraction more prominent. The LED digital frequency readout can be seen in low lighting. The rippler has knobs to easily adjust the dipper depth and the amplitude of the dipper stroke.
The new light source is a white LED that remains cool during operation and produces a bright, clear wave pattern. The light can be used as a strobe or in steady mode.
- Integrated strobe/ripple generator simplifies operation
- Small frequency difference can be created so waves appear to move slower
- The frequency range (1.0 Hz to 50.0 Hz) includes those important low frequencies that make refraction more prominent.
- Simple switch function changes rippler phase from 0 to 180 degrees
- Voice coil actuators offer precise and silent operation
- LED digital frequency readout is viewable in low lighting
- White LED light source remains cool during use, producing a bright clear wave pattern
- Included diffraction barriers (3) can be used to create a double slit
- Speed of Wave Propagation
- Superposition of Waves
- Effects of Varying Water Depth
- Reflection, Refraction, and Diffraction
- 1x Ripple Tank
- 1x Ripple Generator/Light Source
- 1x Water Resistant Storage Box included (64 cm x 52 cm x 17 cm)
|1x Large Rod Base||ME-8735|
|1x 90 cm Stainless Steel Rod||ME-8738|