In this experiment designed for use with PASCO Capstone software, by using 5 N Loadcells at different positions on the bridge to measure bridge oscillations, students compare the driving force to the resulting acceleration. The bridge is struck by hand, and allowed to freely oscillate. PASCO Capstone generates a FFT graph which shows that there are several resonance frequencies and that the amplitudes differ based on location on the bridge.
- Resonance in complex systems
- Driven vs. free vibrations
- 1x Large Structures Set (ME-7003)
- 1x PASPORT Load Cell Amplifier (PS-2198)
- 1x 100 N Load Cell (PS-2200)
- 5x 5 N Load Cell (PS-2201)
- 1x Mechanical Wave Driver (SF-9324)
- 1x Banana Plug Cord-Red (5 Pack) (SE-9750)
- 1x Rubber Cord for IDS System (30m Spool) (ME-8986)
- 4x Large Slotted Mass Set (2 kg Set) (ME-7589)
- 2x Short Mass Hanger (ME-7590)
- 18x 20 g Replacement Mass Set (ME-8983)
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s).
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s).