The Advanced Structures Set now includes flexible I-beams (to dramatically demonstrate failure) , flat members (for cross bracing) and drive wheels with rubber tires. These new pieces are available separately as replacement parts or to upgrade older Advanced Structures Sets.
As with all Structures Systems, Load Cells (sold separately) can be placed anywhere in the structure, allowing you to measure tension and compression forces at that point.
The Load Cell & Amplifier Set (PS-2199) plus a PASPORT computer interface are required for measurement.
- Increases the capabilities of the Bridge Set (ME-6991)
- Build larger bridges and as well as cranes, catapults and towers:
- This set provides many more I-beams and necessary connections, making larger and more varied bridges possible. The set also also includes axles and pulleys for building and studying working cranes.
- Add measurements to your system:
- Load Cells provide you the means to accurately measure tension and compression in real-time—anywhere in your structure! You build the Load Cell right into your structure where you want it—and easily relocate it without disassembling the entire structure.
- Collect data on your choice of interfaces:
- Load cells connect to a load cell amplifier which can then be connected to any current PASCO interface.
- Truss Set Members (ME-6993) (3)
- Truss Set Screws (ME-6994) (4)
- Flexible I-Beam Set (ME-6985)
- Cord Lock Spares (ME-6996)
- Axle Spares (ME-6998A)
- Full Round and xyz Connector Spares (ME-6997)
- Angle Connector Spares (ME-6999A)
- Flat Structures Members (ME-6987)
- Structures Rod Clamp (ME-6986)
- Force Platform Structure Bracket (ME-6988A)