Typical experiments involving photosynthesis require students to infer photosynthetic rate changes by using chloroplasts and dye. Help your students understand this concept more completely with the Photosynthesis Tank, which directly measures the production of oxygen. The tank’s lid features a convenient slot for probes. We recommend using a pH, Wireless CO2 Sensor, and/or a Wireless Optical Dissolved Oxygen Sensor.
- Outer tank controls large fluctuations in temperature
- Can be placed on a hot plate to study the effects of temperature
- Dyes can be used to add color filters between the tanks
- Measure O2 production directly
- Control and monitor the environment of an aquatic plant
- Study changes in photosynthesis and respiration rates over time
- 1x Acrylic chamber
- 3x Rubber stoppers
|Wireless Optical Dissolved Oxygen Sensor
|Wireless pH Sensor
Perform the following experiments and more with the Photosynthesis Tank.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view more activities.