The Wireless Light Sensor features two separate apertures – one for ambient light measurements and one for directional light measurements. The ambient sensor measures illuminance and UV Index, while the spot (directional) aperture measures light level and color intensity. Our software displays the relative intensities of Red, Green, and Blue light, then sums them to determine the level of White light. PAR and irradiance are also available as calculated measurements within PASCO Capstone (version 1.8 or later) and SPARKvue software (version 2.6 or later).
- Wirelessly connects to computers, Chromebooks, tablets, and smartphones
- Simply pair and go, no cables or adapters to manage
- On-board memory enables the sensor to function as an independent datalogger
- Variable sampling rate for short, precise experiments or lengthy, multi-day data collection.
- Bluetooth connectivity and long-lasting coin cell battery
- Indirect PAR measurements for biological studies
- Studying solar energy
- Monitoring UV light levels
- Reflection, absorption, and transmission of light through clear, opaque, and variously colored translucent mediums.
- Investigating polarization and reflectivity
- Modeling planetary motion
- Verifying the inverse square law
- Investigating insolation (solar radiation) and seasons
Perform the following experiments and more with the Wireless Light Sensor.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
Long term data collection directly on the sensor
In logging mode, wireless sensors collect data to their onboard memory for hours, days, weeks or even months at a time without needing to be connected to a computer, tablet, Chromebook or smartphone.
When the experiment is concluded, simply connect the sensor to a device running PASCO software and download all the measurements it recorded.
|Spectral Response||300 nm to 1100 nm|
|Illuminance Range*||0 to 131,000 lux|
|Irradiance Range*||0 to 1362 W/m²|
|PAR Range*||0 to 2400 μmol/m²/s|
|UV Index Range||0 to 12 (typical in daylight)|
|RGB and White Light Range||0 to 100%|
|Maximum Sample Rate||2 Hz (ambient); 20 Hz (spot)|
Battery and Logging
|Stored Data Points Memory (Logging) 1||>15,000|
|Battery – Connected (Data Collection Mode) 2||>210 hr (2-3yrs of normal classroom use)|
|Battery – Logging (Data Logging Mode) 3||11 days|
|Battery Type||Coin cell|
1 Minimum # of data points with all measurements enabled, actual results depend on enabled measurements.
2 Continuous use in a connected state until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
3 Logging until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
* Normal classroom use is the sensor in active use for 20min/lab for 120 lab periods/yr.