Building on the success of the PASport 2-Axis Force Platform, the Wireless 2-Axis Force Platform offers users the same reliable performance with enhanced durability and a convenient, wireless connection. The new design features a sturdy, glass-filled nylon platform with a sheet metal top and five force beams. Four vertical beams measure forces acting normal to the platform’s surface, while a fifth beam, attached to the movable sheet metal top, measures forces acting parallel to the platform’s surface. The platform also includes four adjustable feet that make leveling quick and easy, while ensuring a stable connection is made between the force beams and the surface below.
With its new wireless design, the Wireless 2-Axis Force Platform is easier to use than ever, providing both spacial flexibility and custom sample rates for high speed sampling over Bluetooth Low Energy (up to 10 kHz). Students can measure the force applied to each beam independently or the overall normal force acting on the platform, with measurements up to ±5,200 N. They can also measure the normal and parallel forces acting on the platform simultaneously. Applications include determining the static weight of a structure or person, measuring forces associated with the impacts of falling objects, and determining the dynamic vertical and parallel forces that arise when moving or jumping. Simply place the platform on a floor or tabletop to measure vertical force, or mount it to a wall to measure horizontal force.
Limited Warranty for Non-Education Use: When used exclusively for educational purposes, all PASCO Force Platforms (PS-3229, PS-3230, PS-2141, & PS-2142) fall under PASCO’s 5-Year Warranty. If used for athletic-related diagnostics and/or training (a non-educational application), all PASCO Force Platforms carry a limited warranty of 1 year from delivery date against defects in material and workmanship. See PASCO’s warranty page for more information.
- Improved ruggedized design with increased maximum force range
- Mechanical force over-limit protection (vertical force)
- Wide top surface for jumping and standing
- Burst sampling option for high speed wireless data collection
- Determine hang time by jumping from and landing on the platform
- Use two Force Platforms to investigate Newton’s Third Law
- Measure impulse and maximum force
- Measure the normal force acting on a person riding an elevator
- Use a Motion Sensor and a ball to compare the impulse and change in momentum as the ball collides with the platform
- Measure the sideways force during a broad jump
- Measure the normal and parallel forces on a wall as a ladder leans against the wall
- Measure the normal and parallel forces as a person walks or runs across the platform
- Pull an object across the platform and measure the normal and frictional forces
|Range||-1320 N to 5280 N (resultant); ±1,300 N parallel force|
|Surface Dimensions||35 cm x 35 cm|
|Maximum Sample Rate||10 kHz|
|Force Over-Limit Protection||-500N to 2000 N per vertical beam; ±2,000 N parallel beam|
Perform the following experiments and more with the Wireless 2-Axis Force Platform.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view more activities.
|Force Platform Structure Bracket||ME-6988A|
|Handle Set, Force Platform||PS-2548|
|Wireless Force Platform||PS-3229|
- Wireless 2-Axis Force Platform Product Guide
- How do I troubleshoot connecting a wireless sensor?
- Wireless sensor or device not charging