The //code.Node Solution set provides everything educators need to seamlessly integrate the //code.Node into their STEM courses. It includes:
- The Essential Coding to Learn, Fundamentals of Coding with the //code.Node Board Book
- A //code.Node and removable holder
- Coding with Blockly Video Support
- And the Essential Coding to Learn Teacher Manual (digital version)
The Essential Coding to Learn student board book provides an introduction on 5 measurable science phenomena that may be explored while developing 10 basic standards-based coding concepts. Each science phenomena is explained through pictures and real-life examples. Foundational coding concepts are developed and used to explore the science phenomena. For example, as students learn about magnetism and magnetic poles, they create a magnetic field indicator while developing an understanding of Boolean logic, collecting and transforming data, and exploring conditionals.
Each investigation follows our “learn to code, code to learn” model by introducing a key coding concept, related phenomena, and then asking students to apply it using the //code.Node and Blockly coding.
The (5) five main science phenomena explored in the //code.Node Board Book include:
- Magnetism and magnetic poles
- Probability, motion and random number generators
- Properties of light and night lights
- Temperature and efficiency
- Sound and sound activated devices
The (10) ten standards-based foundations of coding and computational thinking include:
- Understanding Boolean logic
- Developing algorithms
- Collecting and transforming data
- Creating and utilizing loops and iterations
- Developing nested loops
- Using random integers and absolute value blocks
- Applying conditionals
- Designating code output functions
- Incorporating existing code into original programs
- Creating and coding with variables
The accompanying online Coding to Learn Teacher Manual provides detailed step-by-step instructions, sample code and challenging questions aligned to state and national science and computer science standards for the 5 phenomena to be explored with teacher tips and answer keys. The manual also provides 5 additional opportunities to extend your coding knowledge by exploring:
- Sound levels and intensity
- Two-dimensional acceleration
- Body temperature and measurement
While developing more advanced skills in coding to include:
- Computer graphics coordinates
- Compound conditionals
- Nested loops
- Decomposing problems and incorporating feedback
- Adapting algorithms to solve computational problems
Essential Coding to Learn includes Video Support with online how-to videos and demonstrations available to help you find immediate solutions to all your Blockly questions.
With the //code.Node Solution Set, there are no wires or small components. The //code.Node’s six sensor inputs and four device outputs eliminate the need for breadboards or soldering, allowing students to spend less time building and more time engaging with STEM coding concepts.
The //code.Node Solution Set brings your students’ code beyond the screen to the real world. From code-driven science investigations to student innovations like the “anti-theft device”, //code.Node activities help young learners understand the digital world around them.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
- 1x //code.Node (PS-3231)
- 1x //code.Node Holder
- 1x Coding to Learn Fundamentals of Coding with the //code.Node Student Board Book
- 1x Essential Coding to Learn Teacher’s Manual (digital copy)