The 550 Universal Interface is fast, powerful, and incredibly affordable. The cost-effective 550 offers half the ports and many of the same features as our 850 Universal Interface, including both Bluetooth and USB connectivity. The 550 Universal Interface includes two PASPORT sensor ports, two digital sensor ports, two analog sensor ports, and a built-in signal generator.
The 550’s two digital inputs are compatible with all ScienceWorkshop digital sensors, as well as timing devices, and photogates. The two analog ports connect with our analog ScienceWorkshop sensors and can support a 2.0 MHz max sampling rate and 1.22 mV resolution for voltage sensing.
The 550’s built-in signal generator powers motors, speakers, circuits, and many other devices. With PASCO Capstone software and the 550, you can control various DC and AC waveforms, without requiring any other technology. The 550 provides 8V at 400 mA, selectable voltage limits, built-in voltage and current measurements, and DC offset. Capstone software turns the 550 into a live oscilloscope that can display simultaneous traces.
Beyond having USB 2.0 connectivity, the 550 can also send data wirelessly to any Bluetooth enabled computer, iPad, or Android tablet using PASCO Capstone or SPARKvue software.
- USB or Bluetooth Connection
- 3.2 W power amplifier
- 2.0 MHz max sampling rate
- 100 kHz signal generator with built-in Voltage and Current sensors
- Compatible with PASPORT, ScienceWorkshop, and Wireless Sensors
- 2 high-speed analog inputs
- 2 digital inputs for photogates and other timing sensors
- 2 PASPORT sensor inputs
- Can be used simultaneously with other PASPORT interfaces
- Uses Capstone Software or SPARKvue Software
- Newton’s Laws
- Conservation of Momentum
- Brewster’s Angle
- DC and AC Circuit Analysis
- Simple Harmonic Motion Oscillator/Driver
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »