Improvements included in version 4.0
- A new menu for frequently used features
- A revamped Welcome Screen (see below)
- Share experiment files directly to cloud services such as Google Drive or OneDrive.
- Show only the most recent run data by default.
- Calibrate and configure sensors through the new hardware setup features.
- A new Live Data Bar has been created for experiments.
About the new Welcome Screen
Choose the type of experiment you want to perform:
- Manual Entry
- Sensor Data
- Remote Logging
When using Sensor Data, SPARKvue will also guide you to a configuration panel, help you select measurements for display, and let you choose from a range of templates.
You can also build your own experiments, open a saved experiment, or open any of the many PASCO built activities.
Your one-time purchase of a license or download of the app includes free updates. SPARKvue software is constantly being refined with additional features, streamlined processes, and support for our innovative new products. Much of that improvement comes directly from feedback provided by educators.
Download or update to the latest version: SPARKvue 4.0, released 10/5/2018.
Award-winning, cross-platform data collection and analysis software
Data collection and analysis is an integral part of any science investigation. Whether graphing manually-entered data, collecting real-time data from a sensor, or remotely logging data, SPARKvue software helps you and your students address important science and engineering practices in your labs.
Easy-to-use and yet powerful, SPARKvue’s collaborative features make this application ideal for use in and out of the science classroom or lab.
Data Collection & Display
- Live Data Bar
- Periodic sampling
- Manual sampling
- Multiple plot areas
- Graph or plot user entered data
- Weather Dashboard (when used with the Wireless Weather Sensor with GPS)
- Select a region
- Prediction tool
- Smart tool (coordinates and deltas)
- Slope tool
- Curve fit
- Add a y-axis or a new plot area
Designed for Science Learning
- Convenient annotation, snapshot and electronic journaling are among the features supporting peer dialogue, classroom presentations, and assessment.
- Create and export electronic student lab journals.
- Integrated with cloud-based file-sharing services such as Google Drive, Dropbox and more.
The same user experience across:
- Our standalone SPARK LX dataloggers
Compatibility at a glance
Click on your device or devices to see SPARKvue compatibility.
|Windows 7 SP1 or later||Mac OS X v 10.10 or later|
|1 GHz Processor||An Intel Core 2 Duo, Corei3, Core i5, Core i7 or Xeon Processor|
|2 GB RAM||2 GB RAM|
|435 MB Free Disk Space (255 MB for SPARKvue, 74 MB for Common Files, and 105 MB for Experiments)||200 MB Free Disk Space (Application Bundle)|
|1024 X 768 or greater resolution||1024 X 768 or greater resolution|
|Chromebook running ChromeOS 57 or later, USB and Bluetooth||Requires iOS 9 or later, compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.||Android 4.4 or later.|