The Projectile Launcher illustrates the idea that motion in different dimensions is absolutely independent. A good launcher not only illustrates this non-intuitive idea, but it can be used to describe the exact motion of the projectile as well. PASCO has precision-engineered the Projectile Launcher to be accurate, durable and give repeatable results.
Also available is the smaller, lower cost Mini Launcher (ME-6825B).
- Projectile Motion
- Projectile Motion using Photogates
- Projectile Range versus Angle
- Projectile Path
- Conservation of Energy
- Conservation of Momentum in two Dimensions
- Varying Angle to Maximize Height on a Wall
- Demo: Do 30° and 60° Give the Same Range?
- Demo: Simultaneously Shoot Two Balls Horizontally at Different Speeds
- Demo: Shoot Through the Hoops
- Multiple Ranges: PASCO offers launchers for all classroom arrangements.
- Flexible Launch Positions: Stable stands offer horizontal and variable angle launching positions.
- Fixed Firing Height at Any Launch Angle: Firing height of ball is same for any launch angle.
- Spring Mechanism: Fully enclosed for safety.
- Unique Piston Design: Minimizes projectile spin to ensure repeatability of impact position.
- 1x Projectile Launcher
- 1x Launcher Base
- 2x Projectile Balls
- 1x Loading Rod
- 1x Safety Glasses
- 1x 2-D Collision Accessory
- 1x Manual
|Ranges||1.2, 3, 5 m|
|Launch Angles||0 to +90°|
|Launcher Length||21 cm|
|Large C Clamp (6 Pack)||SE-7285|
|Plumb Bobs (10 Pack)||SE-8728|
|Carbon Paper (100 Sheets)||SE-8693|
|Plastic Balls (10 Pack)||ME-6822|
|Launcher Spares Kit||ME-6802|
Perform the following experiments and more with the Projectile Launcher.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view more activities.
- Horizontal Distance of a Projectile
- Time of Flight Versus Initial Speed
- Horizontal Speed of a Projectile