Applying the laws of Conservation of Energy and Conservation of Momentum to calculate the velocity of a projectile with no more than simple mass and distance measurements has made this a classic physics demonstration.
With Teacher’s Guide and Sample Data.
- Ballistic Pendulum — Approximate Method
- Ballistic Pendulum — Exact Method
- Demo: Elastic/Inelastic Collisions
- Ballistic Pendulum and Base
- Projectile Launcher (Short Range)
- 2.5 cm Plastic Balls (2)
- 2.5 cm Steel Balls (2)
- Masses (2)
- 2-D Collision Accessory
- Nylon Washers (2)
- Thumbscrews (2)
- Safety Glasses (2 pairs)
- Operations and Experiment Manual