The //code.Node Cart is a four-wheeled cart into which fits the //code.Node. The //code.Node reads the velocity of the //code.Node Cart by detecting the spinning magnet on the cart axle. The low-friction wheels are spring-loaded to protect them if the cart falls off the table.
The //code.Node Cart is also useful without the //code.Node as a simple dynamics cart. A motion sensor can be used to track the motion of the cart.
- Low-friction spring-loaded wheels
- //code.Node snaps into cart
- //code.Node reads cart velocity
- Four slots for optional 50-gram masses
- Threaded hole for attaching bumpers
- String tie points on front and rear
- Designed to fit any PASCO dynamics track
- Display arrow on //code.Node LED array to indicate direction of acceleration
- Kinematics Experiments
- Make //code.Node beep when a certain speed is exceeded
How It Works
The //code.Node Cart is a four-wheeled cart into which fits the //code.Node. There is a magnet on one of the axles that rotates with the axle and the //code.Node magnetic field sensor reads the spinning field and interprets it as a velocity. The direction of the spin is detected using the two axes of the magnetic field sensor. This reading is reported as position and velocity under the Motion Sensor.
- 1x Cart Body with Wheels
Perform the following experiments and more with the //code.Node Cart.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view more activities.
- Wheels: Diameter and Distance
- Weight Drop Launch
- Crash Test: Velocity and Inertia
- Speed and Velocity