This newly redesigned Wave Driver offers improvements in driving force and amplitude as well as a built-in string guide so tiny parts don’t get lost. It is ideal for vibrating waves in a string, driving Chladni plates to show the vibration modes, or to demonstrate resonance vibrations.
Use a function generator (sold separately) to power this Wave Driver.
- New improved design
- Greater amplitude
- Stronger magnet for stronger force
- Sturdy construction
- 0.5-inch (1.3 cm) rod clamp
- String slot in driver post
- Hole through driver post for tying string
- Fuse protection
- Shielded banana jacks
- Rubber base
- Standing waves in a string
- Chladni plate resonance modes
- Demonstration of resonance using vibrating metal strips
- Demonstration of standing longitudinal waves in a spring
How It Works
A coil inside a cylindrical magnet is driven by a sinusoidal signal which comes from the external function generator that is connected to the Wave Driver’s banana jacks. The coil is attached to a diaphragm that the actuator rod is connected to.
- 1x Wave Driver with built-in rod clamp and string holder
- 1x Sample wave string