This version is offered for customers who already have a //control.Node (PS-3232). ME-7028 Motorized Drawbridge is the total kit with a //control.Node.
Build this drawbridge from PASCO Structures, add a stepper motor and gears, and raise and lower it using code you write. This bridge kit also includes a Wireless Load Cell/Accelerometer that can be used to measure forces within the bridge while it moves.
Perform These Experiments
- Build the drawbridge
- Raise and lower the drawbridge
- Measure forces in top and bottom beams
- Measure support forces
- Effect of the counterweight on motor acceleration
- Effect of different gear ratios
- Use the load cell as a limit switch
- Operate the drawbridge in response to a signal
How It Works
- Students build the drawbridge using step-by-step illustrated instructions. Then they use Blockly coding (imbedded in PASCO’s Capstone or SPARKvue software) to program the drawbridge to raise and lower.
- Three sets of gears allow students to investigate the effects of different gear ratios.
- The Load Cell can be added to various places in the bridge to measure loads while the bridge moves. The load is displayed on a graph in real time.
- The Load Cell can be used as a limit switch to stop the bridge movement when the bridge arm pushes on the load cell.
- The speaker in the //control.Node can be programmed to beep or play music to warn when the bridge is going to move.
- The accelerometer in the //control.Node can be used to control the drawbridge movement in response to a change in acceleration, such as simply turning the //control.Node upside-down.
- 1x Wireless Load Cell and Accelerometer (PS-3216)
- 1x Low Speed Stepper Motor
- 1x Gear Set (ME-7021)
- 1x Structures Counterweight (ME-7037)
- 8x Structures I-beam #1
- 10x Structures I-beam #2
- 3x Structures I-beam #3
- 9x Structures I-beam #4
- 10x Structures I-beam #5
- 18x Structures Connectors
- 100x Structures 6-32 Screws
- 4x Angle Connectors
- 2x Sliding Connectors
- 1x Structures Long Axle
- 1x Motor Mount
- 1x Shaft Spline Adapter
- 2x Structures Axle Bearings
- 1x Structures Spacer
- 1x Structures Collet
- 4x 4-40 x 1/2-inch Phillips Screws
- 1x Storage Box
|Length of drawbridge span||65 cm|
Data Collection Software
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product can connect directly to your computer or device with the following technologies. No Interface required.