The PASCO Smart Timer is among the most versatile and affordable measurement tools available to physics educators. This system includes a PASCO Smart Timer and two Photogates for measuring time, speed, acceleration, and count.
- Two Photogates and one Pulley
- Calculates speed and acceleration, while recording time
- Menu-driven display with easy-to-follow flowchart instructions on the label
- Turn it on, plug in the photogates, and it’s ready to use
- The 3-section fence measures leading edge to leading edge for maximum accuracy.
- Can be used with the included 9V AC adapter or with 4 AA cell batteries.
- A switch inside the battery compartment disables the speed and acceleration modes, but continues time measurements to encourage manual calculations.
- Acceleration Due to Gravity
- Newton’s Second Law
- Conservation of Momentum in Collisions
- Rotational Inertia of a Disk and Ring
- Acceleration Down an Incline
- Simple Harmonic Oscillator
- Oscillations on an Incline
- Springs in Series and Parallel
- Projectile Motion
- Time-of-Flight and Initial Velocity
- Determining Acceleration Due to Gravity
- Radiation in the Geiger-Muller Tube
- 2x Accessory Photogate (ME-9204B)
- 1x Super Pulley (ME-9450A)
- 1x Smart Timer (ME-8930)
- 1x Picket Fences (Smart Timer) (ME-8933)
- 1x 9 VAC Adapter and Lab Manual (not shown)
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD!
Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
Accessory Photogate Manual English 208.73 KB
Smart Timer Manual English 1.48 MB