The Greenhouse Sensor measures the light intensity, atmospheric humidity, ambient temperature, and soil moisture inside a terrarium or closed environment. Designed for use with PASCO’s Greenhouse Sense and Control Kit (PS-2997), the Greenhouse Sensor provides students with the real-time data they need to monitor conditions, chart patterns, and optimize their terrarium for sustained growth.
With the Greenhouse Sensor, students can monitor terrarium conditions in real time, displaying measurements as digits, tables, or graphs within SPARKvue or PASCO Capstone on their personal devices. Greenhouse Sensor measurements can also be used in custom Blockly programs to automate plant care, while teaching students about the role of coding and technology in modern agricultural monitoring.
Monitor, study, and automate terrarium conditions by adding a //control.Node and accessory, such as the Grow Light (PS-3347), the USB Fan (PS-6206), or the USB Pump (SE-6208).
- Measures light intensity, humidity, temperature, and soil mositure
- Designed especially for contained spaces, such as an EcoChamber or terrarium.
- Measurements can be used as code input to automate terrarium conditions.
Perform These Experiments
- Compare growth rates to light intensity
- Find optimal soil moisture content for growth
- Investigate minimal soil moisture needed for drought tolerant plants
- Explore temperature effects on transpiration rates
- Use blockly programming in SPARKVUE or Capstone to monitor and create conditions desired for plants
- 1x Light, Temperature, and humidity sensing pc board for mounting in greenhouse with 2 m 4pin cable
- 1x Capacitive soil moisture sensor with 2 m cable
- 1x Signal processing sensor box to communicate with the //control.Node via 6″ cable
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to 80°C|
|Light Level Sensor Range||Visible Spectrum (400 nm to 700 nm)|
|Light Level Sensor Sensitivity||Approximately 600 lx to 50,000 lx (not calibrated)|
|Light level report out||0 to 100% of max reading|
|Ambient Temperature Range||-40°C to 80°C|
|Ambient Temperature Accuracy||±0.5°C|
|Abient Temperature Resolution||0.01°C|
|Humidity Sensor Range||0 to 95% non condensing|
|Temp, Light, Humidity sensor power use||0.98 mA at 3.3 V DC|
|Soil Moisture Sensor Range||0 to 45%|
|Soil Moisture Accuracy||±5%|
|Soil Moisture Resolution||0.1%|
|Soil Moisture Power Use||3 mA at 5 V DC|
|Soil Moisture probe cable length||2 m|
|PASCO Grow Light||PS-3347|
|USB Water Pump||SE-6208|