When used together, PASCO’s probeware and physics apparatus can help students learn the major concepts of mechanics more effectively. The Mechanics 850 System includes the key equipment to perform a wide variety of mechanics experiments.
The new manual has ten complete experiments that take full advantage of the components of this system. This makes it the ideal way to do the essential labs that are standard in all mechanics courses.
PASCO Capstone Software (not included) enriches the labs with its interactive displays and analysis tools.
Ten Experiments Included in the Manual
- Acceleration Down an Incline: Discover how the acceleration of an object down an incline depends on the angle of incline. Measure the acceleration due to gravity.
- Newton’s Second Law: Verify Newton’s Second Law by varying the applied force and the mass.
- Kinetic Friction I: Measure the kinetic coefficient of friction.
- Kinetic Friction II: Study how the coefficient of kinetic friction depends on the velocity, acceleration, surface area, and weight of the object.
- Impulse and Momentum: Measure the impact force of a cart and compare the impulse to its change in momentum.
- Conservation of Momentum in Explosions: Verify that momentum is conserved for two carts pushing off from each other.
- Conservation of Momentum in Inelastic Collisions: Verify that momentum is conserved in inelastic collisions and that kinetic energy is not conserved.
- Conservation of Momentum in Elastic Collisions: Verify that momentum is conserved in elastic collisions.
- Conservation of Energy: Show spring potential change into kinetic energy.
- Simple Harmonic Motion: Measure the period of oscillation of a spring and mass system and compare it to the theoretical value. Evaluate the effect of changing the mass and spring constants.
- 1x 850 Universal IUInterface (UI-5000)
- 1x PASPORT High Resolution Force Sensor (PS-2189)
- 1x PASPORT Motion Sensor (PS-2103A)
- 1x Photogates and Fences — Dynamics Systems (ME-9471A)
- 1x 1.2 m Aluminum Dynamics Track (ME-9493)
- 1x Discover Friction Accessory (ME-8574)
- 1x Force Sensor Track Bracket (ME-6622)
- 1x Mass and Hanger Set (ME-8979)
- 1x Super Pulley with Clamp (ME-9448B)
- 1x Plunger Cart (ME-9430)
- 1x Collision Cart (ME-9454)
- 1x Spring Cart Launcher (ME-6843)
- 1x Smart Fan Accessory (ME-1242)
- 1x Mechanics 850 System Lab Manual (UI-5821)
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s).
|Parts Available Separately||P/N|
|Mechanics 850 System Lab Manual||UI-5821|
|850 Universal Interface Manual||English||1.76 MB|
|850 Universal Interface Quick Start Guide||English||1.63 MB|
|Collision Cart Instruction Manual||English||960.71 KB|
|Discover Friction Accessory Manual||English||214.93 KB|
|Force Sensor Track Bracket Manual||English||737.65 KB|
|Mass and Hanger Set Manual||English||50.56 KB|
|PASPORT High Resolution Force Sensor Manual||English||330.63 KB|
|PASPORT Motion Sensor Manual||English||542.40 KB|
|Photogate Head Manual||English||483.59 KB|
|Plunger Cart Instruction Manual||English||1.09 MB|
|Smart Fan Accessory Manual||English||1.24 MB|
|Spring Cart Launcher Manual||English||779.86 KB|
|Super Pulley with Clamp Manual||English||191.08 KB|